Creative Uses for Unflavoured Protein Powder
A good quality unflavoured whey protein isolate powder is an essential item in post weight loss surgery kitchens.
- Add protein powder to your favourite smoothie = Protein Packed Smoothies.
- Freeze these Protein Packed Smoothies into ice block molds = Frozen Protein Pop.
- Blitz protein powder with frozen fruit and Greek yoghurt (add a little honey if you like) = Protein Packed Soft Serve.
- Add protein powder into your overnight oats or bircher muesli.
- Load protein powder into your favourite protein ball recipe.
- Dissolve in your milk and use over your cereal or muesli.
- Dissolve in milk and pour over ice and espresso coffee = Protein Packed Iced Coffee.
- Stir into plain Greek yoghurt = Protein Packed Sour Cream Alternative.
- Mix into a little water (like cornflour) and add into casseroles, stews or curries just before serving.
- Add to mashed vegetables with a little milk and grated cheese = Protein Packed Mash.
- Whey protein isolate is the easiest form of protein supplement for your body to absorb after weight loss surgery.
- Always mix powder into liquid NOT liquid into powder to make mixing easier (tip from our friends at Boomers).
- You may find that the powder mixes best into milk by dissolving in a little water first.
- Look for powders with at least 85g of protein per 100g.
We always have one of our favourite protein powders in stock in our online store. If you spend over $50 in our store you will also get a copy of our Power of Protein mini book FREE!
But before you go, please grab one of our FREE Weight Loss Surgery Toolkits.
If you are new to weight loss surgery our Getting Started Toolkit is for you. Simply click here to sign up for your copy.
If you had weight loss surgery some time ago, or need help to get back on track, our Reboot toolkit may be just the thing. Click here and we will be sure to get a copy on the way to you.
Hi! We are Justine and Sally. Working with over a thousand people each year preparing for, undergoing, or who have had weight loss surgery, we are here to support you.
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
There are a few key facts about choosing vitamin and mineral supplements after weight loss surgery that you need to know.
Rice crackers, at face value, are a great snack food and are a regular staple in many a kitchen pantry.
Following weight loss surgery we tend to focus on what we are eating in order to achieve good health. However, it is important to remember that our fluid intake also plays an important role. Did you know that adequate hydration (around 1 ½ - 2 litres of fluid per day...
The perfect, prepare ahead side dish that is oh so good! I use these super sweet tomatoes as a delicious addition to salads, as a cracker topper with ricotta or cottage cheese or even stirred through some pasta. You don’t need to stress about exact cooking times or...
Makes 8 fritters 125g can corn kernels, drained 125g can chickpeas, drained and ‘smashed’ 1 small zucchini, grated ½ cup baby spinach, chopped 80g feta, crumbled 2-3 sprigs of dill, chopped finely 1 egg 1/3 cup besan (chickpea flour) Combine ingredients together. Add...
Makes 8 cups 2 teaspoons olive oil 1 brown onion, diced 2 garlic cloves, crushed 500g lean lamb or beef mince 2 - 3 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning 1 tomato, diced 1 carrot, sliced into strips using a potato peeler 2 stalks celery, strings removed, thinly sliced or diced...