Creative Uses for Unflavoured Protein Powder
A good quality unflavoured whey protein isolate powder is an essential item in post weight loss surgery kitchens.
- Add protein powder to your favourite smoothie = Protein Packed Smoothies.
- Freeze these Protein Packed Smoothies into ice block molds = Frozen Protein Pop.
- Blitz protein powder with frozen fruit and Greek yoghurt (add a little honey if you like) = Protein Packed Soft Serve.
- Add protein powder into your overnight oats or bircher muesli.
- Load protein powder into your favourite protein ball recipe.
- Dissolve in your milk and use over your cereal or muesli.
- Dissolve in milk and pour over ice and espresso coffee = Protein Packed Iced Coffee.
- Stir into plain Greek yoghurt = Protein Packed Sour Cream Alternative.
- Mix into a little water (like cornflour) and add into casseroles, stews or curries just before serving.
- Add to mashed vegetables with a little milk and grated cheese = Protein Packed Mash.
- Whey protein isolate is the easiest form of protein supplement for your body to absorb after weight loss surgery.
- Always mix powder into liquid NOT liquid into powder to make mixing easier (tip from our friends at Boomers).
- You may find that the powder mixes best into milk by dissolving in a little water first.
- Look for powders with at least 85g of protein per 100g.
We always have one of our favourite protein powders in stock in our online store, along with our Protein Planner. Our Protein Planner takes the guess work out of meeting your protein needs after surgery.
It will assist you to:
- calculate your individual protein requirement
- learn how to meet your requirement through protein rich eating
- plan protein packed menus
- understand the protein content of common foods and supplements
- choose and use protein supplements if and when you need them
- road test some protein packed recipes.
In stock and ready to ship to you the next business day, it is a bargain at $20. Click here to grab your copy.
Hi! We are Justine and Sally. Working with over a thousand people each year preparing for, undergoing, or who have had weight loss surgery, we are here to support you.
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
We have combined fifty of our favourite weight loss surgery friendly recipes, with a focus on fresh food fast.
Cut the confusion and stop the supermarket stress with our Weight Loss Surgery Shopping Companion.
Portion sizes following weight loss surgery – internal cues or external rules? What is best for me?
6 thin wonton wrappers (I used Shanghai wonton skins) 6 eggs 30g Parmesan cheese, grated 1 rasher of bacon, diced 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced Cracked black pepper Pre heat oven to 180°C. Place wonton wrappers in silicone muffin trays or regular muffin trays lined with...
The perfect, prepare ahead side dish that is oh so good! I use these super sweet tomatoes as a delicious addition to salads, as a cracker topper with ricotta or cottage cheese or even stirred through some pasta. You don’t need to stress about exact cooking times or...
Makes 8 fritters 125g can corn kernels, drained 125g can chickpeas, drained and ‘smashed’ 1 small zucchini, grated ½ cup baby spinach, chopped 80g feta, crumbled 2-3 sprigs of dill, chopped finely 1 egg 1/3 cup besan (chickpea flour) Combine ingredients together. Add...