Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Breakfast Ideas
So often we are asked for breakfast ideas, with many of our clients looking to add variety and good nutrition to kickstart their day.
Below is what could only be described as a ‘breakfast brainstorm’ – a combination of ideas from not only our team, but our Inner Circle members and Facebook followers.
We hope this helps you kickstart your day in a tasty and nutritious way!
Spiced Up Cereal
- Overnight Oats
- Breakfast cereal such topped with stewed fruit, a dollop or high protein yoghurt or high protein milk (for help choosing a cereal, click here)
- Weetbix, banana, cinnamon and milk
- High Protein Weetbix with milk
- Homemade muesli with oats, seeds (pumpkin and sunflower) coconut flakes, dried cranberries and sultanas topped with Greek yogurt.
Try topping your porridge with:
- Chobani Greek yoghurt, fruit and seeds
- Stewed apple, yoghurt and LSA
- Stewed apples and prunes
- Almonds, pecans and a drizzle of honey
- Banana, peanut butter and cinnamon
- Chocolate protein power and a teaspoon of peanut butter
- Yoghurt mixed with protein powder.
Yummy Ways with Yogurt
Top yoghurt with:
- Nutty muesli, cranberry sprinkle with some frozen berries
- Chia seeds, cinnamon, nut and muesli clusters and diced pear
- Diced melon, hemp seeds and a sprinkle of muesli
- Granola, chia seeds, strawberries and blueberries
- Coconut, apple, dates and almond (CADA).
For help choosing a yoghurt, click here.
- Eggs with grilled tomatoes and a handful of baby spinach
- Eggs with smashed avocado with feta
- Scrambled egg mixed with ricotta, served with mashed avocado and baked beans
- Poached or scrambled egg on wholegrain toast
- Scrambled egg on a toasted Sandwich Thin scraped with Vegemite.
- Omelette with any combination of the following: tomato, mushroom, spinach, grated cheese, or chives.
- Bacon and Egg Wonton Cups
- Bacon, egg and spinach wrap.
Not Just Toast
- Sourdough rye toast with peanut butter and slices of banana
- Cottage cheese on Sandwich Thins topped with roasted beetroot
- High Protein Cottage Cheese on wholegrain toast.
- Toasted ham cheese and pineapple wrap
- Wholemeal crumpet with a slice of cheese, tomato and freshly cracked black pepper
- Wholegrain crackers topped with boiled egg mashed with mayonnaise, a thin slice of ham and alfalfa (for help choosing crackers, click here)
- Multigrain wrap with banana and peanut butter (for help choosing wraps, click here)
- Raisin toast with ricotta and cinnamon.
Shake It Up
- Feel Good, Formulite, or any leftover VLCD shakes you may have blended with:
- rolled oats, LSA or chia seeds
- frozen berries
- ice and a shot of espresso.
- Milk based coffee with tasteless protein powder
- Smoothie with yoghurt, fruit and milk.
- Banana, Peach and Vanilla Smoothie
- Mango and Coconut Smoothie
- Green smoothies:
- Fresh or frozen spinach, banana, some frozen fruit such as mango, pineapple or berries, water, milk of choice and protein powder
- Spinach, kale, cup of milk or yoghurt, chia seed, piece of fruit and protein powder.
- Almond milk smoothie with unsweetened almond milk, a scoop of protein powder, a tablespoon of raw cacao powder and frozen raspberries and/or diced banana.
Other Bits and Pieces