Your Complete Guide to Nutrition for Weight Loss Surgery
Your Complete Guide to Nutrition for Weight Loss Surgery is exactly that. The essential guide for those considering, or who have had gastric band, sleeve gastrectomy or gastric bypass surgeries.
Your Complete Guide combines appetising, healthy and simple recipes, the knowledge of an experienced dietitian, input from a wide range of colleagues in the industry, and many, many lessons learned from weight loss surgery patients over the last 15 years.
“Your book has been a bible. I can’t imagine this process without it.”
– Joy, gastric band –
“Your book was fabulous, I don’t know what you would do with out it – it was like a bible.”
– Marilyn, gastric band –
This book has two components, the ‘theory’ aspects of weight loss surgery and the recipes.
To help you gain a better understanding of weight loss surgery the Complete Guide is broken into the following sections:
- Gastric Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy and Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgeries, as it is important to have a basic understanding of the surgery you have had, or are having, how it works and how it needs to be managed. Each surgery has its own unique aspects that you need to understand for long-term success.
- Preparing for Surgery and Recovering from Surgery to ensure the safest possible preparation and outcome, with recipes to help you practically at this time.
- Food Fundamentals Following Weight Loss Surgery explores the eating techniques, habits and food choices to ensure a varied and nutritious diet that promotes weight loss and maintaining that weight loss. This section is completed with a range of healthy, yet tasty recipes, which can be used long term to promote good health.
- Troubleshooting and Common Complaints deals with some of the potential hiccups you may encounter along your journey.
- Nutritional Impacts of Weight Loss Surgery and Supplementation describes the common nutrient deficiencies that can occur following weight loss surgery and the nutrition supplements recommended for each surgery type.
“The book was a godsend, I have been reading it constantly. A fantastic guide.”
– Joy, gastric bypass –
Whilst it is good to have a basic understanding of the theory behind nutrition and weight loss surgery, you will get most enjoyment from over 100 tasty recipes throughout the book. Volunteers who have had various forms of weight loss surgery were also involved in ‘road testing’ the recipes. Their feedback is also incorporated and their comments included.
The recipes are not only for those who have had weight loss surgery, but are generally acceptable for family and friends. Suggestions to modify serve sizes for those who have not had surgery are included.
“I don’t know where I’d be without your book!”
– Kate, sleeve gastrectomy –
Get your copy today in our online store.
Be sure to also sign up for our FREE Getting Started Toolkit. Simply click here and we will be sure to get a copy on the way to you.
FEATURED BLOG POSTS
There are a few key facts about choosing vitamin and mineral supplements after weight loss surgery that you need to know.
Rice crackers, at face value, are a great snack food and are a regular staple in many a kitchen pantry.
Following weight loss surgery we tend to focus on what we are eating in order to achieve good health. However, it is important to remember that our fluid intake also plays an important role. Did you know that adequate hydration (around 1 ½ - 2 litres of fluid per day...
The perfect, prepare ahead side dish that is oh so good! I use these super sweet tomatoes as a delicious addition to salads, as a cracker topper with ricotta or cottage cheese or even stirred through some pasta. You don’t need to stress about exact cooking times or...
Makes 8 fritters 125g can corn kernels, drained 125g can chickpeas, drained and ‘smashed’ 1 small zucchini, grated ½ cup baby spinach, chopped 80g feta, crumbled 2-3 sprigs of dill, chopped finely 1 egg 1/3 cup besan (chickpea flour) Combine ingredients together. Add...
Makes 8 cups 2 teaspoons olive oil 1 brown onion, diced 2 garlic cloves, crushed 500g lean lamb or beef mince 2 - 3 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning 1 tomato, diced 1 carrot, sliced into strips using a potato peeler 2 stalks celery, strings removed, thinly sliced or diced...